My emergence into the local activist scene initially came through my work with the Charlottesville Center for Peace and Justice . On May 17, 2006, the CCPJ hosted Cindy Sheehan and Ann Wright and I had the honor of standing onstage and introducing these wonderful women. Here is an audio podcast of the event from the CVille Podcast Network:
Not surprisingly, the event garnered both press and public attention.
- CVille Weekly ran a brief story but with a nice picture.
- The Daily Progress ran a thoughtful piece which was reprinted on George Loper’s blog.
- The Richmond Times-Dispatch ran a thorough review of the evening, reprinted here.
- Charlottesville Newsplex ran a good story was reproduced on Michael Moore.com
- The Hook ran a notice on its blog prior to May 17.
- CVille News reported on Cindy’s appearance and inspired some lively discussion.
Finally, in the interest of being thorough, here are the notes of my introductions that evening: